Proven Track Record of Success (Debra Ward)
1986- Joined Shoreline Amphitheatre as Security Admin working for Bill Graham and Steve Wozniak. Planned the first ever employee party for Graham’s first Shoreline staff. Graduated Blue Coat College training at the Warfield Theatre, SF. Throughout my 10 years P/T employment, got to sit live on stage with Heart, Ozzy, Bon Jovi and Stevie Nicks for an unforgettable rock & roll experience. (The reason why there are guitars behind my webpage.)
1989- Joined the Sheraton Hotels and achieved top sales record two years straight, selling out New Year’s Eve extravaganzas with live bands and live DJ, full buffets and sleeping room package. Strategies turned Bentley’s at the Sheraton Inn Sunnyvale into the most successful night-club in the south bay putting San Jose night clubs out of business. Developed and recorded my first live radio broadcasts, performed and designed all print advertising in bay area news. B2B sales work included planning business events for local corporations.
1991-Joined GYRO’s World of Terror as the Production Coordinator. Successfully produced two multi-million dollar Halloween Haunted Houses in San Jose and Sacramento managing all entertainment, Hollywood actors (Reggie Banister, Morgan Hunter, Cherie Curry, Bat Mobile), Hollywood prop delivery, dozens of radio station live PSA’s, volunteers and awards.
1992- Joined Amazing Events, a full service meeting and event production company brought from two Stanford Students. As the key sales executive, I got us into companies that were nearly impossible to get into. Through B2B cold-calling, I helped to make the owner his first $1 million dollar year. I developed client presentations and landing a dozen new business clients. Events included software product launches (for Cisco Systems, Nokia, Vantive, Web TV networks/Microsoft), user groups, themed holiday and picnic events, and live concerts with the Beach Boys, the B52’s, and the Royal Crown Review. B2B sales included booking an event with Siemens’ Business Communications which was their 10 year anniversary for 10,000 people (my biggest sale to this point in my life). The event included two live bands at an amusement park which shut down for the day for the company, and a live fireworks show. This was while I attended college.
1997 Graduated De Anza College with honors with an AA in Communications.
2000- Graduated San Jose State University with aBachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Minor Business Marketing. 3.58 GPA. Graduated with honors. Won state advertising competition. Won a scholarship.
2000- Hired as the LINCC Coordinator for the County of Santa Clara to run events, fundraising and PR under guidance from the David & Lucille Packard Foundation. I worked with the California Tobacco Tax Initiative and Actor/Director Rob Reiner for First Five California by sitting on the Board of Directors and creating a resource van for the community. I participated in fundraising for a short independent film with character actor Allan Rich (Disclosure), Cuba Gooding Jr. and others to help reduce teen drunk driving. I exceeded all goals and objectives put forth by the BOD, coordinated 10 county events, published a groundbreaking early care and education study, and had 10 articles published in the San Jose Mercury News.
2002- Hired as the Associate Development Director at The Parkinson’s Institute. I personally raised $80,000 for the annual symposium for 700 patients. Succeeded at setting an appointment with the Neuroscience Institute at Stanford University who agreed to partner with us at the event and wrote me a $30,000 check to co-sponsor the event. The event itself was a huge success- selling out all seats. I planned all of the entertainment and live panel of nationally recognized key note speakers. I also achieved all marketing, newsletter writing, and a key fundraising campaign which helped us meet our $2.5 million annual fundraising goal.
2006: Founded Dream Weaver Marketing & Events. Achievements included:
· Helped over 100 US businesses with a variety of sales, marketing, PR, lead generation techniques, SEO/SEM, and generally improved their marketing and sales by as much as 50-100% across the board! (Industries: Healthcare, Entertainment, Real Estate, Casino, Banking, Software, Hardware, Services, Automotive, Non-Profit, HOA Management, Insurance, Coaching & Leadership Training, Advertising/Publishing.)
· Designed and manufactured a product to help eliminate plastic waste and received the Senatorial Letter of Appreciation from Nevada’s US Senator and the Green Company of the Year Award from NCET.
· Designed 15 small business websites & landing pages, including: Teapplix, Nevada Health Centers, Bay Area Entertainment Network, Organized Solutions, ActionCOACH, Equus Management Group, Digital Hospital, Inc. and significantly improved 100 more with proven lead generation, SEO & SEM strategies I learned online.
· Assisted in SAAS B2B sales by improving content, writing newsletters, researching target audience and sending out free online trials to online training courses in order to sell online training.
· Recorded dozens of radio commercials, produced videos, and successfully promoted clients on TV to promote their businesses.
· American Electronics Association- I coordinated a business event with the Minister of Science & Technology from India and achieved a news story published in the San Jose Mercury News.
· Worked with the Reno Mayor Bob Cashell who donated $2.500 to the Leukemia Foundation's Man of the Year fundraiser for my client Steve Lewis with Sterling Motors; and supported Keeping Reno Green projects and initiatives.
· Achieved the Certificate of completion in Facilitative Leadership at the San Francisco Leadership Training Course.
· Started SCRUM Project Management training through SCRUMstudy to learn new PM theories.
· Currently improving knowledge currently on HTML and CSS in order to build landing pages and other digital marketing from scratch instead of depending on WordPress and other CMS templates.
· Ran hundreds of different events for non-profit organizations, including Grand Opening ceremonies, fundraisers, training events and community networking events.
· Masterminded a TV commercial to help ACURA sell more MDX’s and was successful.
· Won national recognition from ACURA for my social media promotions and tactics. (Please see work samples on this website.)
FOR HIRE IMMEDIATELY FOR A COMPANY WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT IMPROVING SALES AND BREAKING RECORDS
Winner of the Graphic Impression Awards for the design of a company sales packet printed by A. Carlisle & Company.